Executive coaching for assertiveness and boundary setting
When you lack assertiveness, feel shy, socially anxious or introverted, the workplace can become a challenging environment. Setting and maintaining professional boundaries may feel impossible. Boundary setting is a challenge for many people – you simply may be unfamiliar with them. You may not have grown up with them, been shown how to set them or may have had your own boundaries breached. Being more assertive and setting boundaries results in greater dignity and self-respect. As your boundaries become comfortable for you and clear to others, you are less likely to be taken advantage of. You’ll feel more comfortable in your professional skin and become a better communicator. Executive coaching will support you to become more assertive at work and define and set boundaries in your professional relationships.
Being assertive at work may not be your natural default position
- You may never have been encouraged to find your voice and be visible.
- You may always have been an introverted person, happy in your own company.
- You may always have been shy, finding it difficult in gatherings, meeting new people and speaking in public.
- You may be carrying an historical message that you should hold back.
- Something may have happened to you resulting in you being reluctant to come forward.
- You may have experienced other people confusing assertion with aggression.
Being assertive is about self-awareness and confidence in your own values and beliefs, not shouting down those who don’t agree with you.
Acknowledging the other
I and we
Speaking your truth
Defending the position
Executive Coaching for Assertiveness with Amanda
Considering Executive coaching for assertiveness and boundary setting is an empowering step to take.